Monday, January 16, 2012

Timeless Blue and White afghan

Completed this afghan last week.  I have to say this is one of my very favorites.  The pattern was simple but not to boring when you have to make 63 squares.  I have always loved the old Blue and White china and this beauty picks up all that old feeling.  :-)



I used "I Love This Yarn" so it has a wonderful soft hand to it.  The pattern was from Leisure Arts Presents "Afghans for All Seasons"  published in 1993.  I hear that there are more volumes but this one doesn't have any notation of a volume number so it maybe the first they did.



This is a view of the afghan flat out on my work table.



Close up of the corner details




I made this afghan for my church craft group.  We have a Craft Fair every year to sell the crafts we make over the year.  I don't know if this will be the raffle item or a silent auction item.  If it is the raffle item I may have to buy some tickets to see if I can win this one back... lol





No comments:

Post a Comment